Marvels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Apology to NA/EU (VID+Translation)

Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Apology to NA/EU (VID+Translation) Empty Apology to NA/EU (VID+Translation)

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Translated Yoshi-P's speach

I'm tearing up guys.
    First of all I want to say that I sorry for having to going into maintenance of the NA/EU servers. I want to apologize for taking precious time away from players during early access. From here on out is a long journey/ starts to tear up, crowd gives encouragement Its almost been 3 years since I took over development for FFXIV.
    At the time I hadn't been involved with the game that much and thought that it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I've always loved final fantasy and have always loved mmo's starts to tear up again. At the time, I gathered the team together and told them that we were going to remake the game just two days before we announced it to all of you on December 2nd.
    I still remember it now, but at the time, we were in a studio like this one, and Souken (current director of game music) was in the background checking my mic levels. I clearly remember him standing there give me a guts pose (one fist in the air, think rocky) but at the time I had the same kind of worries as the players; how is this really going to turn out?... Isn't this going to be impossible.... pauses
    But one by one I got support from all of you. It was said in the questions earlier, but normally an mmo takes 4-5 years to create and carefully plan. Earlier, Wada said his role is a tank. I had the same idea of being a tank when making this game. Up until now I have gone through each facet of the game (implies that he also bore all of the responsibility).
    But I am not saying that it is just me who made FFXIV ARR. This was all due to the players around the world, the core staff here, and the hundreds of staff not here today. I came here today planning on not crying, but today we have final taken the first step with ffxiv arr. And it is only the first step. Honestly I don't think we have any time to rest. We are working on patches and expansions.
    More than anything I want to thank the players, especially those who started from the original ffxiv, and those that have joined out community. Thank you all for all of your support so far. I only hope that we have released a game that will not bring shame to square enix. from here on out there is no finishing an mmorpg. FFXIV:ARR is not a game that we made alone, but a game that we made along with all of you. From here on out we home to keep creating this game from here on out, from this place with you for 5-10 years.
    I again want to say thank you for all you have done so far and we hope for your support in the future. bows
    Aliron
    Aliron

Apology to NA/EU (VID+Translation) Empty Re: Apology to NA/EU (VID+Translation)

Post by Aliron Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:54 pm

In relation to the login issues we're going to get an extention on our free period by 1 week.

Naoki_Yoshida
    Dev Team Apology to NA/EU (VID+Translation) Icon_yoship_1Join DateFeb 2011Posts566

Login Issue Update
    I know many of you are still affected by the World login and character creation restrictions, so I would like to give you all a brief update on the progress of the measures we are taking to alleviate this situation.

Current Server Status

To ensure as many players as possible can log in and create characters on existing servers, our development and operations teams are monitoring server load and population around the clock, placing and removing restrictions with even the slightest fluctuation in numbers in order to maintain near-full capacity on each World. We are still experiencing maximum concurrent connection numbers of over 230,000 users. This number, however, has taxed some of our instance servers, and is causing unexpected down time here, as well.

Scheduled Maintenance for Wednesday, September 4 (Japan Time)

The addition of new Worlds, as well as the adjustments to the duty finder servers, will be complete as of tomorrow. We will then enter our final internal testing phase of these features in preparation. If the results from these tests are favorable, we will conduct an extended all-World maintenance on Wednesday (Japan time). Once the new Worlds are implemented and the duty finder server load has been redistributed over smaller World server groups, we believe that many of the login issues that players are currently experiencing will clear.

When Worlds do finally reopen after the maintenance, we expect a rush of players trying to log back in. To prevent any further login issues, we will be using the utmost caution when restarting each World. Please understand that there may be some congestion at this time.

The development and operations teams are currently dedicating their full resources to alleviating the issues at hand and providing all of our players with a stable environment in which to experience the realm of Eorzea.

Free Trial Extension

To apologize to our loyal fans who may not have been able to login or create characters during early access and the days immediately following launch, the development and operations teams are currently considering providing all player accounts with an additional seven days to their free trials. This includes non-legacy players from 1.0, who will be given new seven-day free trials. Trial extensions will be awarded after the aforementioned server maintenance on Wednesday. Details on the trial extension, including the extension period, will be released in a separate post as soon as they have been solidified.

We thank our fans again for the overwhelming support you have shown us over the past week. The response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn has well exceeded our expectations, and unfortunately resulted in our inability to provide the service which we originally intended. We humbly ask for your continued patience as we work to alleviate the issues as we truly appreciate all of our fans. We are very sorry for the frustration that has resulted from these problems.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida
    LittleJoe
    LittleJoe

Post by LittleJoe Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:54 pm

good and they shoulda did 2 weeks,  but then  if they gave us 2 weeks I portably woulda said 4 weeks  lol any way   1 week is much better then a  "soo sorry u cant wog-in, maybe you all shouldn't try wogging on all at same time."
    Eritha
    Eritha

Post by Eritha Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:23 am

Wow that be nice a week extension I tried 4 4hrs straight to log in yesterday started at 3pm pst til 7pm and finally got on.hurry up SE fix this soon I want to play.
    LittleJoe
    LittleJoe

Post by LittleJoe Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:56 pm

Crying or Very sad  day 3 of labor day weekend, no luck on login on to 14 at all  in fact its gotten worse  now I cant even get past the start screen to pick a character  new code  error 2002  Mad 

ill be on 11 if anyone wants to log on and say hi or happy labor day

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 am