Marvels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Antionette_Taru
Gennadi
Longshot
7 posters

Event Linkshell

Longshot
    Longshot

Event Linkshell Empty Event Linkshell

Post by Longshot Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:14 pm

With the upcoming world merge meaning a larger population and possibly an increase in LS members, along with the increase of events being done largely in part to the magnificent forum that we now employ, and in addition to the experience gained by many of our members over the past few years, we will be forming an event LS seperate from the social LS. Of course anyone that is currently in Marvels is encouraged to join, but because this LS will be event driven, there will be more strict policies employed when dealing with immature behavior and no-shows. Following directions will be key and as such insubordination will not be tolerated. Because of the responsibilty level, there will be a proportionate number of officers. This isn't just casual let's get together and do this or that, this is making a commitment to be some where. People will be relying on you to be there and if you miss out or delay the event then you missed the gorram boat. Now that I've said that, a list of official rules and policies will be developed and posted as soon as the LS is formed.

I now invite you to leave a reply to this topic for a name of the LS. The poll only supports 10 spots, so seniority in the LS as well as the response time will determine what names will be considered in the poll. I will check back in a week, Friday March 26th, and will select the names to be used in the poll. No more than one name suggestion please. There are currently 8 slots left.

WatchTower
    MarvelsEvent(LS)

I look forward to your suggestions as well the excitement from doing more events together.
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Event Linkshell Empty Re: Event Linkshell

Post by Gennadi Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:30 am

Great announcement Lucky its time we look forward to our future and expand. We have been a social linkshell from the start and a lot of us have grown and seen friends come and go. With the new merger this monday we will see a few of us leave and a lot of new faces join our family in the next coming months. With an event ls separate but always connected with Marvels will allow those new faces and old to achieve in game goals which i know a lot of us have been patiently waiting for.

I like the name MarvelsEventLS that is my choice. cheers
    Antionette_Taru
    Antionette_Taru

Post by Antionette_Taru Sat Mar 20, 2010 2:38 am

i care not what the name is,im just not sure how much time i will be able to give our new ls, i will give as much possible, but right now my time is limited
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Sat Mar 20, 2010 6:28 pm

Love this idea. The name I want is AltanasTears cuz that what we are all made of. It keeps with the spirit of the game. Thats the name I want Wink
    Brawnz

Post by Brawnz Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:56 pm

Good idea lucky ^^ Too bad I wont be there to help you guys but I'll drop by in forum to help you guys if you need it. I still remember the no shows then ppl bitching cause they didnt get to do it >.> I like it that it'll be more strict cause its the only way to get things done that you want done. Not show up when you can and hope we can get it done... But thats the past. Lets move on. Hopefully you guys can get what you want done when you want it done.
    jackofblades
    jackofblades

Post by jackofblades Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:59 pm

event ls is a good idea, sadly, i will not be on a lot starting next month, i'm gunna be over playing in a sand box (iraq), so i wont be able to join and do alot of events with you guys.
    But for when i get back, what events do you guys plan on doing? dynamis, limbus, sky, einherjar? or other things like nyzul statics, znm's, missions?
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:52 pm

I love this idea alot. Here's an idea for ls name: High Kings of Vanadiel. Trust me it fits in the name spot, I tested it. I just like the elite sound of it Razz I made a shell called this in the past when i was trying to put together a shell to take on SNM's and other past vanadiel content, but sadly I didn't have time to run it. Anyways, what sort of events will we be concentrating on. Personally I would like to do lots of different events, there's so much content now that I feel overwhelmed and I haven't seen any shells (except japanese shells) that simply do things like SNM runs and HNM's and Augment. I'd love to get the new Aern wespons too, those guys aren't too terribly hard to defeat and they are almost always up. And now we're also gunna have TONS of new quests to complete and new nm's.

We could do the stuff that no other shell attempts. I'd hate it to become just another sky/dyna/limbus shell, there's already a metric crap ton of those. The ZNM line is also another avenue to explore, but you need someone dedicated to getting the Zeni each week. The rewards for ZNM are REALLY cool too, plus pandamonium warden at the end (I know genn would probably be interested in Hiramashi (i think that's how it's spelled ) gears from these nm's. The ability to pop the nm's is also a plus and it usually takes around an hour or two max to finish them. Maybe choose several events from a list of the ones we need, do like a Lotto or somethin so everyone has a chance to get their individual gears, cuz i know stuff like hunting my bard boots is not fun for anyone and there is no reward for anyone but me in a case like that. Alot of good gear is obtained in this fashion and a person like me who has no soloable jobs doesn't ever get the gear they need.

If we did a lotto, there would be new content each week to explore for everyone and always something new to have fun with, this would allow us to stay current with the new gaming trends and not still be stuck doing old content all the time. We could still do a regular event or something like going through Promy missions, or assaults, but i'm just saying set asside some days/times to do random events so we dont get stuck doing the same thing and the same content every week, which is A) boring. B) a total waste for people that have done it b4, and C) provides no new challenges. I personally wouldn't mind helping people get tons of stuff done, if they in return would help me get mine done. Plus it would give everyone experience with the different nm's for different jobs they may take up in the future, experience is always key.

I just don't want us to get pidgeon holed into repetative events, that's a quick way to failreck and become stagnent. Lets do something original and work together as a family to get things done for one another. That's how we always have worked in the past, I think we should take that unselfish modivation to this ls as well. I'm not sure if points will be issued or how that will work exactly. Many believe this to be the only way to motivate people to come to events for other people and in large part this is true. However, there are always other options to explore. We could include the members in a unique way that benefits them. I have some alternative ideas to motivate people, but I think i've talked enough for now.
    Betrice
    Betrice

Post by Betrice Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Don't like the point idea reminds me of those crooked end game LS elephant How bout High Kings and Queens, would that fit? geek
    Longshot
    Longshot

Post by Longshot Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:54 pm

I really like the lotto idea. You do an event with the group, you put what you want to do into the lotto pool and hope for the best. You don't show up for the next thing, well you get pulled from the pool(unless you have a viable reason). If it's something that'll take a lot of time or a lot of runs,(like me trying to get that barbut) then you get a fight or two when you are drawn. I wouldn't mind putting a time cap on these kind of events too. If something would just take too long and is splittable, we split it. I'm going to wait until Friday to make the poll for the names of the new shell.
    Gennadi
    Gennadi

Post by Gennadi Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:17 pm

Good points Hak, we wont be another traditional endgame event ls theres too many to compete with, plus we dont have the numbers yet.

What i would like for us to start with is to create a static of 6+ people to get a number of things done that only level 70+'ers can accomplish.

The following categories is what i had in mind:

(1)MISSIONS:Lets help us complete these missions and get the rewards.
    Rise of the Zilart
    Chains of Promathia
    Treasures of Aht Urhgan

ADD On Missions:

A Crystalline Prophecy
    A Moogle Kupo d'Etat
    A Shantotto Ascension

(2)Assault: I know a lot of us would like to increase our rank and attain items.
    Nyzul Isle runs are very popular and a strong static will help us get it done.

(3)Battlefields: These are very popular and fun as an ls event and quite profitable.
    Bcnm
    Enm
    Isnm
    Scnm
    Annm

(4)NM battles: There are a lot of us that need help with drops, what better way than fighting together to get them.

(5) Zeni NM's: Tier 1 and possibly Tier 2 fights. Can be fought easily with 6-10 people and the drops are good.

These are the main categories that we need to help each other most with as a event ls.

I believe this is the foundation of what we need to be doing. The fine tuning and the specifics can be hammered out as we go along and learn.

I would like to get people's comments and any questions.
    If anyone wants to add their ideas to this please do so.

I would like to add that doing quests, helping farm, or anything that can easily be done solo or even duo should not be included here.
    Longshot
    Longshot

Post by Longshot Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:17 am

Locking this topic....and who down rated my post Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:36 am