Marvels

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Yearly bills and other things

Poll

Website Address Change?

[ 2 ]
    Yearly bills and other things I_vote_lcap50%Yearly bills and other things I_vote_rcap [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Yearly bills and other things I_vote_lcap50%Yearly bills and other things I_vote_rcap [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Poll closed
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Yearly bills and other things Empty Yearly bills and other things

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Alright, it's that time of year again to pay the website bills and as was expected we were just about out of bandwidth (Yikes!). So I tripled our bandwidth and disabled advertisements for another year /cheer. However, I wanted to know whether the community would like to change to a www.marvelslinkshell.com address or keep our current marvels.heavenforum.org address? The cost is an additional 17.97/yr on top of our ~$30.00/yr, we can disable it at any time and revert back to our original address. Anyways, I started a poll above and I would like as many members to give their opinions as possible. I'm open to other www. .com addresses if you have any ideas.

I added a new ffxi news rss feed to the portal today as well as worked on some minor background issues such as adding a few bots to help me with some of the more mundane weekly maintenance chores Razz
    Betrice
    Betrice

Yearly bills and other things Empty Re: Yearly bills and other things

Post by Betrice Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:19 pm

Didn't think this cost money sheese... I like the linkshell one but can't see a reason to spend more money. If u want help paying let me know tho.
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Hakrev (Admin)
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Hakrev (Admin) Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:30 pm

Bandwidth always costs money Razz and we go through alot of bandwidth. I don't mind paying for things, I'm just interested in knowing where the community stands on the forum address, since there wasn't much say when I first created it, so here is the chance to get your voice heard.

The poll will stay open for 30 days, at which time whichever is the highest will be the direction we go. If we decide to get a new address we will need to take a while and hear people's opinions on the new address name as well as vote on the new address. So it probably wont be implemented until late april/early may~june.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:53 pm